Friday, October 19, 2012

Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3in1 Foundation



 This is the new promoted foundation from Max Factor and it has a pretty looong name: Facefinity All day flawless 3 in 1 foundation, 3in1 meaning primer, concealer and foundation!
Pretty big promise, huh? Yeah...
I chose the color Sand 60.
 Natural 50 and Rose Beige 65 were pink toned and Warm Almond seemed too light and yellow for me. This i think it's the best choice from the 5 shades i saw available at the DM store. The 5th one is Beige 55, that would probably work on me, as well, maybe better since it's not that yellow toned. Next time, if i like it that much.


 Natural light, sunny day, with no concealer or powder, this is how it looked like:

With flash, same day.
 Outside
 In direct sunlight
 Overall impression :)
I was so happy when i took a sniff while swatching it on the hand and i noticed that they didn't use any scents! That's the main reason i didn't buy Max Factor foundations, since only lasting performance, second skin and this newbie here have no smell, except that specific, chemical one. :)
Another thing i noticed was the missing of the ingredient list! Where is it? It only had a transparent foil over it. I wanted to see if it's water based and i have nowhere to look for it.
It gives a matte finish, but it's luminous at the same time, it dries fast, like a car hitting the brake :) that's the feeling i got, at least. I find it hard to blend for a newbie. About the pump i can say that it releases just the right amount, in my opinion, not too much, not too little and it's creamy, not runny like Aerateint from Vichy. The coverage is medium to full i can say, it covers well my freckles (i have them on the forehead and under the eyes). So far, i like it and as it says on the packaging it has SPF 20. I have combination skin and i think it has that  staying power i need. We'll see when i'll come back with a later edit.
Later edit: The foundation stays the same, but i had sunglasses on, it's pretty hot outside today, at noon and they made 2 'holes' in the foundation :) Maybe with powder it wouldn't have taken off...all of it! I tried retouching in the missing spots and it doesn't melt, sink or integrate at all! it's obviously uneven and patchy, so once gone, can't be replaced, so don't touch up! :(                   It has an amazing staying power! I didn't want to make this comment before i was sure of it. Today i wore it again and i have it for over 10hours now and i don't have a shiny spot on my face! I can see from very close, that on my nose i have some small dots of oil, but they're not so noticeable, it doesn't bother me at all and i have no powder on top!! I can say it's the first foundation that resists my oiliness, even better than Revlon Colorstay! Amazing or what?

14 comments:

  1. Hi I wondered if you can tell me what tone the colour Sand is? I've tested the beige and also the golden which is too dark but I can only get Sand online so can't see it in person. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The shade Sand for the European Max Factor All Day Flawless is definitely for light skin and it is yellow based matching Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC 20. It's not like L'Oreal's or Maybelline's 'Sand'. (It gets a little darker in the end of the day because of the sebum that oxidizes it, but not orange, just a bit darker, maybe just like Sand should be, at first it is very light). Hope you'll match perfectly ;) You're welcome!

      Delete
  2. Hi, i have quite a lot of freckles all over my face and i kinda need a new foundation, sooo i was wondering if it will cover my freckles/or at least blend them in? I think i really want it and seeing as you said medium/full coverage i was hoping if this is the foundation i have been looking for? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! It covers well, but it depends on how fair your skin is and how dark your freckles are :) i have light colored freckles and my skin is really pale and i match my foundation shade to my freckles. I know it doesn't sound right, but i match my overall skin, in the end.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did you remove all your own comments?
      Did you say something while under the influence of alcohol?

      Delete
  7. You and I got the same question. I actually found your blog through a google search cuz I wanted to know what primer to buy for this foundation. (I wear Crystal Beige - i think this one is exclusive for the asian market.)

    Ingredients

    Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Polyethylene, [+/- CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499]

    Now given that, I don't know if this is water based or Silicone because it has both products in the first 6 main ingredients ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know if this foundation needs a primer, really. considering the fact that it has a great deal of powder in it and it is long lasting, maybe a moisturising one would be a better suit for priming your skin, even if it's oily. I rarely use primers...i dont see much of a difference, on me, personally. Thank for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi, I wanted to ask what shade from the max factor facefinity compact do you think would match the foundation sand 60.. since the compact in the same shade seems darker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)
      It is very possible that the compact version may seem darker, due to the very fact that it's a compact and the pigmentation looks heavier. i didnt see the compact version in our stores, unfortunately, so i cant advise on the shade.
      thank u. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Translate