Friday, June 29, 2012

Sick of black hair?

Hellooo!
Today i will share with you all, how i got rid of the black colour in my hair for the third time in the last 3 years. How i got to do it for three times? Well, let's say i always ended up buying the wrong shades, everything it had to do with brown in it: honey brown, medium brown, dark brown, chestnut brown and somehow all went very dark and i didn't want that, at all.
So, after weeks of drooling over pictures on facebook of my aquaintances who turned red after dark hair i said to myself 'it's time to make a change again'
I went and bought a syoss lightener and 2 boxex of dye in shade Frozen chestnut. Why two? In case i lighten up some parts too much or i don't dye my hair evenly from the first stroke.

I must open the window because it makes me tear a lot, both the lightener and the hairdye.

And i started applying the lightener. And i looked like this :)
 I applied it very evenly and coamed the hair to make sure every hair is covered with lightener. I started from the ends and gradually put on on the midlength and on top, in the end, although i shouldn't have because i had very light hair which turned Tweety-yellow after 5 minutes :)


After the first 5 minutes it starts showing lighter colour of the original one and the maximun waiting time is 30 minutes.This time i waited for 30 minutes and because i dyed monthly the lightener couldn't lighten up to 12 shades as promised, which i expected.
I washed my hair, blow-dried it and it looked like this:


 ISN'T THE MOST HIDEOUS RED U'VE EVER SEEN?
It didn't lighten up very much but enough to make it work.
Next i applied the frozen chestnut hairdye from syoss, of course.
The final result, using only one of them, is something like this:



Pretty red, huh? I didn't expected to turn out like this, but i am very curious how i'll be in a couple of months (hopefully not black).
I was very indecisive with choosing colors, i was tempted to buy chocholate light brown and praline mix, which i used for the grown roots, once and it didn't impress me much, although on a full lenght would look awesome. I donno, but i wanted a more brownish color, not reddish! :(
Three years ago i wanted the same thing and went to a salon and the hairdresser didn't do it any better. Here's a picture of her 'work'
 (light brown, my ass)           













 
Good luck if u try this at home, like i did!
Ta-tah!

Color update, after 2 washes

 Still red, no chestnut :) So i'll probably go dark again.

Update, after another dye (medium brown) and a month later, looks like this:


1 comment:

  1. the product is number 12-0, it doesn't say it lightens 12 shades. There aren't even 12 shades of hair color, there's 10.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Translate