Saturday, October 01, 2011

Clinique Repairwear foundation

The shade i chose is Neutral 05. I got it from a 'source' (again) so, i did not pay the full price (thank God).
From their description i've been dying to have it, but of course, is not that awesome...
The color, i think, is beautiful! The consistency is creamy and thick, which makes it a heavy foundation, that i wouldn't recommend for medium imperfections or for those who don't like heavy coverage. You can not spread it in a thin layer! I also, would consider you have to make it quickly, because it kinda sets faster than usual.
It is buildable, but i don't see the point. It has perfect coverage. One layer made out of three pumps is more than enough for face and neck.
The fault, now: It's not made for oily skin, AT ALL! Don't use powder on top, at the first use, it will only make it worse. Try primer or anything else you know. I don't have excessive oiliness, but on my first day wearing this foundation, at work (air conditionned environment) i noticed after about 6 hours that the skin oil came out from my pores and stayed on top giving the impression i had huge, enlarged pores. I'm still horified!
Too bad, i like everything else about it, especially the radiant look.
At 26 and a half, i have lines on my forehead and i can say it does set into lines, unfortunately, mainly with powder on top. Without loose powder, it's not that obvious.
I thought of one good outcome using Clinique Repairwear on my combination skin: using it only on the cheeks and under-eye area and using colorstay on the T zone, maybe sandbeige or nude beige would work.
So, if you have 46 years old, oily skin...and you want a radiant, anti age foundation, do not buy this :))
Clinique Repairwear has mostly good reviews, i wouldn't think i'll be on the other side. I also got my motivation from the brand's promo line: ' Allergy tested 100% fragrance free ' - hope this is accurate, at least!
Post-review note: DO NOT wear it in full day/sunlight. It looks awful in pictures... :( and live, apparently. Heavy, thick, grose texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Translate